You heard of our project and identify yourself with the concept? You want to travel and like to aim at having a positive impact while doing so?
We are happy to hear that you want to be a part of Spicyroad and would like to get to know you better. But before you get in contact with us, please read the agreements below and make sure that you will commit to them as we feel they’re essential for a healthy group dynamic and a healthy project. Spicyroad is a project build by every group member and we would love you to shape the project together with us. If you have questions about the agreements, send us an email and we’ll try to clear out concerns. 🙂 We are always happy to answer back!
- The project will have priority over touristic interests. We will definitely make sure we’ll enjoy our travels, but sometimes you will need to let yourself down for the project.
- We will expect you to participate actively in the project, meaning that you independantly take responsibility of your assignments within Spicyroad.
- The minimum participation period is 1.5 months, as it requires some time to get new members integrated into the project. And once you plan to leave, please let us know at least two weeks beforehand so we can arrange our plans accordingly.
- There will be no compensation paid except for when we get donations that are directed towards our journey. By joining the project you accept to work on a voluntary basis with us.
- You should be able to speak English to communicate with everyone on the project.
Responsibility and Proactivity
- Proactivity is very important for us as we want members to actively think and act in the project and take responsibility for their words.
- We would like you to bring your own perspective and skills in. So please make some thoughts what could be of interest for our project. Maybe you are good at writing, filming, playing the guitar or you’re really into feminism, politics or fighting discrimination – cool, bring that in! This will make our project colourful.
- Speak about your feelings and address problems. Our style of travelling can be very exhausting as you will have limited privacy, so not addressing problems can let them stack up and ruin the group dynamic.
- You need to check for the visas and vaccines you will need and take care of them independantly. Of course we will discuss these problematics in the group, but the final responsibility rests with you.
Social Media and documentation
You need to agree
- to use Facebook, Instagram and Youtube while being part of Spicyroad as a big part of our project is social media.
- to be photographed or filmed in order to document the trip and that we use this footage in our project (including on social media).
- to share your pictures and movies with the other project members.
Respect and sensitivity
- Respect and sensitivity towards other members and generally towards people around us (hosts, drivers) is very important for us. We try to be as aware as possible about our actions and will try to not offend others through insensitivity. We expect the same from you if you join us.
- If somebody feels offended by your actions, we’ll expect you to accept this criticism and the discussion about your actions.
Generally, we feel it is important that you share our values in order to work towards the same aims.
- We support women, refugees, minorities, LGBT movement, sustainability, equality, sensitivity
- We are against gender roles, harrassment, sexism, racism, stereotyping, homophobia, transphobia, Trump
If you’re willing to commit to these agreements we’ll be happy to receive your email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Please make sure to include the following information in your message to us:
- Who are you?
- Your motivation to join Spicyroad
- How you plan to contribute to the project
- From when to when you want to join us
Once we read your email, we’ll get back to you and schedule a Skype call to get to know each other. Bear in mind that we don’t always have reliable internet so it might take some time until we get back to you.
We’re looking forward to get to know you! 🙂